Thursday, September 10, 2009

Everyone always says this, while everyone else wonders what it really means.

To me it means, when you think you have it all figured out and know how something is going to play out, think again, wipe your mind of those thoughts and just go with the flow, prepare yourself and sit back to see what actually happens.

You may venture out for a night and expect that you're not going to have a good time, or that the night is going to turn out bad, but you should cleanse your mind of those thoughts, instead of anticipating the worst, be open to the possibilty of experiencing the best.

I can say this, because I was guilty of counting out my date, before I even got ready for the night, made me question why I was even bothering to go.

As I contemplated cancelling and ways to avoid having to go through with it, more and more time passed and it became a less and less feasible option. So, I sucked it up, got fresh, put on some good music and relaxed, figured if nothing else I would have a story to remember or take away from the night ("nothing ventured, nothing gained").

I was pleasantly surprised, because not only did she look GOOD, she was relaxed, comfortable, and real cool to talk to. At no point did it feel awkward or uncomfortable, no feelings of nervousness, mind you I can only speak for me, but she seemed at ease as well. All in all, it was a good date, a good night.

As I drove home, taking the long way, I couldn't help but think that had I gone with my initial feeling, I would not be in a good mood right now, I would be wondering "what if?" or "maybe".

For anyone reading this post, remember when presented with an unfamiliar situation or encountering a new experience that you may be uncertain or uncomfortable with take a deep breath (in through the nose out through the mouth), get dressed, turn the music high, high, high-er, and go with the flow. Don't always think you have it figured out before it's happend.


Moral: life is to be lived, not predicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment