Wednesday, November 10, 2010

10 Uplifting Foods

Have you ever found that long days are just inevitable when you're working a 9 to 5? I know so many people who can relate to dragging work hours and the rush of tiredness that sweeps over you while you're sitting at your desk. Over time I have noticed that the most common pick me ups for employees seem to be coffee and cigarette breaks. Yuck!! I've tried coffee myself but since I'm not really a fan, I usually drown the taste out with extra milk and sugar. Not a healthy alternative either and how many cups of coffee do you have to drink in a day to stay stimulated? A lot!! Your body's adaptation perdiod actually increases and finds it more difficult to use this substance as a stimulant the more you drink it. This is why I have put together a list of 10 foods that you can incorporate into your everyday meals that will help to boost your mood while you're working away.

1. Salmon
2. Yogurt
3. Walnuts
4. Popcorn
5. Bananas
6. Dark Chocolate
7. Oysters
8. Brazil Nuts
9. Spinach
10. Turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment