Friday, December 18, 2009

This is Christmas pt.2





I thought Christmas was a time about family, friends and good music ? What are you an idiot. Christmas is not about going to Church and being happy that Jesus Christ was born on December.25.2009, it is about rushing into any of the hungry retailers to buy your love for your family and extended family. It is the season of giving, and it encourages everyone to spend money that they don't have.

I personally do not like Christmas due to the media's glorification of consumerism and equating gifts with love. There is no such thing as Santa Claus and I am not, I repeat not raising my nephews or daughter with this Westernized marketing belief.
I figured this out when I was five years old. I had waited until 1 o'clock in the morning for Santa's Bitch ass to make his way down my chimney and did he, hell no. After that, I hated Santa Claus and anyone else stupid enough to believe in him. Similar to the Easter Bunny and any other bullshit marketing scheme I really like to look past all of these things and spend time with the people I love.

Love is not good enough in some cases. I mean what happens when you go to a family function and you don't have a gift for your " Secret Santa" (which is stupid mind you) you probably would be asked to leave or step aside.

Now as for the kids, I understand Christmas is a time to get what you wanted all year and blah blah blah, however if you are old enough to work or save up your allowance and buy it for yourself, don't expect a gift from me. Learn to hustle with your lazy ass.

Seriously though, all jokes aside it is getting worse and worse with this gift giving pressure. This year I don't expect a gift from anyone and won't even be mad if I don't get one. I make enough money so I can buy whatever I want or need on my own. I suggest you adopt the same principle and if your old ass is still expecting a gift like you are 8 years old, keep waiting.


Oh by the way Merry Christmas to all....

No comments:

Post a Comment