Thursday, September 10, 2009

Match Maker a.k.a Love Connection


I always find myself in the middle somehow. I mean sometimes, it is me on the other end too but dawm. The other day, I was hanging out with my friends at a wedding and amongst all the photo flashing, loud music and laughing I noticed different women and men exchanging eye contact with one another.

Some of these women were my cousins and other's were my cousins friends. Some of the men were my cousin's or my friends. Everyone was having such a great time in this enclosed space that after a while people began to notice each other even more and become friendly. As the night carried on, I would get the random " Who is that?" or " Do you think she has a boyfriend?".

"I don't know go ask her" I thought. For the 2009-2010 year I refuse to be caught in the middle and am working towards making myself much more transparent and aware of my surroundings. In relation to this, if you are in your early twenties and beyond, gone are the days where your friend puts you on. Be a grown up, walk over to the individual whom which you are attracted to and introduce yourself.

I learned this at an early age, after my friends would nag me to introduce them to a girl and when it did not work the way they had hoped would be mad at me (some nerve). Well gone are the days where you blame others for your own inadequacies or insecurities. Man up and rise to the occassion. What's next, you are gonna ask me to help you wipe your ass too?

No comments:

Post a Comment