Monday, November 23, 2009

Maybe I'm wrong and the club or bar IS the best place to find your soulmate.


Am I the only one sick of the same old night life?

Clubs are full of makeup covered, perfume drenched over gel'd, sloppy drunk males and females.
Many of the women do not want to be approached, smiled at, or even within a few feet of the men. The men do not want to do anything other than approach, smile at and be within a few inches of the women.

The music is playing too loud for you to even clearly understand a person's name, "Candy? Sandy? Mandy? ohhh Denise", let alone have a real conversation. (I used to love loud music, all the time, I had a system in my car that used to set off car alarms as I drove down my street, seriously). So what does that leave, sexual and physical attraction ONLY.
Let me tell you when I was in my late teens and early 20s that was not more than enough, that was IT! "Me like her body" to which her reaction in my mind was "Me like his body" and from there it was all over except for the awkward morning after.
I know I've gotten older because that caveman mentality has faded. Don't get me wrong, I still have primal, animalistic attractions, desires and urges like anyone else, but there's got to be more to it, right?

Girls say, "I go to the club to dance and have fun with my friends." To which I must declare, BULLSHIT. Sure you dance amidst ogling the men and suggestive staring over at them with your come hither eyes, until one of them tries to talk to you and you tell them you're not interested, have a boyfriend or are married.

I used to wonder why, but then I figured it out, girls, love to feel like they can still attract a man, even if they are in a long term committed relationship or even lesbian for that matter. They just want to know that IF they were interested, they could have a man. We call that "ego-trippin'".
Men on the other hand, didn't just come out to dance or have a drink, well sometimes they just come out for a drink, but rarely. The only time you ever find me in one of these establishments is for a friends birthday or if I've been convinced and foolishly comply to the "Give it a try, it's not that bad, this place is really different, it's nice!"

I've always wondered if there are many stories at weddings or to children when asked, "How did you guys meet? or Where did you meet mum, dad? that start off with, "I was standing across the busy club and saw her standing on the bar shaking her goodies" or "She was standing in the kiddie bath tub in the middle of the bar water dripping from her body, as she raised the beer mug she had just won in the wet t-shirt content."

No comments:

Post a Comment