Friday, October 9, 2009

Turkey ...

As we here in Canada prepare for Thanksgiving this weekend ... I have to ask the question.

Is it me or does no one really LIKE turkey?
I know most people will bare it and eat it just because of the occasion: Thanksgiving, Christmas and sometimes Easter. But does anyone really like how it tastes? Have you heard someone say ... "Damn! I could really go for some turkey right about now"? Because I've heard people say that about chicken, steak and even ham.

In my family and household turkey was the elephant in the room for years, until finally my quiet, reserved, yet very opinionated father decided enough was enough and voiced his displeasure with the taste, texture, flavour, colour, size, dimensions and overall personality of turkey. Once he opened the flood gates of public opinion my mum soon realized that no one in our immediate family liked turkey and she then questioned "Why and Who am I making this for then?"

Long story short, now when holidays approach, we take a vote to see if this will be an occasion where we decide to have a (very small) turkey, that will not last into the coming weeks in the form of soups, sandwiches, stews, broths or pies. The only way we have turkey is if the vote is unanimous in favour, if even one person shows any signs of reservation then, NO TURKEY.

this rant has been brought to you by, That Guy on behalf of TwoGrasshoppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment